Originally published in 1891, this hilarious (and informative) collection is a treasure trove of essential advice any man or woman, or couple, would be foolish to ignore.
From advice about how to find the perfect partner...
- Don't marry a villain.
- Don't marry a duke, or anyone who travels on his title.
- If money is your object, the older and uglier he is, the better.
- Avoid slovenly dressed girls or heedless men.
...to advice about how to wed...
- Don't propose on a wash-day, in the rain, at breakfast or in a tunnel.
- Marry at home or at church, in good form, without display.
...as well as general words of wisdom...
- Don't expect too much from your marriage.
- Don't cross your husband.
...Hildreth's Advice for Marriage is a delightful collection that is as relevant today as it was 100 years ago.
|Welbeck Publishing Group
|Artist / Author
|Unit Of Measure
|Number of pages
Be The First To Review This Product!
Help other Phoenix Distribution users shop smarter by writing reviews for products you have purchased.